In all the holiday hustle and bustle, I am sharing a cocktail recipe that’s perfect for the season. Goes down pretty easy and you’ll find yourself making a second or third serving.
This is not our original recipe, but one that was served at a favorite, now defunct restaurant in San Francisco.
Juice from 1 and ½ lemon (we used Meyers Lemon)
3 oz. Rye Whiskey (any you have on hand will do)
1 oz. Vermouth
4.5 oz. Pineapple Juice (we used canned)
1.5 oz. Cinnamon Simple Syrup
Make the simple syrup one to one, 1 cup of water to 1 cup of sugar
- Boil water with a couple of cinnamon sticks
- Remove cinnamon sticks once the water has boiled
- Turn down the heat to very low and add the sugar
- Stir until sugar dissolves, never take your eyes off this process.
- Turn off heat, let cool and decant
Add ice cubes (about 3) to a cocktail shaker, then add all other ingredients, shake until very well mixed. Pour into chilled coupe glasses, grate the nutmeg over each cocktail. Serve and enjoy!
Happy Holidays and Peace to everyone.